The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are in the Bay of Bengal, wholly surrounded by water in the east of the Indian mainland geographically. The several islands jointly make up an archipelago of 572 islands that are popular not only for their sandy beaches and sea green water but also these islands are covered with dense rain-fed, damp, and evergreen forests with a boundless variety of flora and fauna. Most of the nomads visit Andaman to enjoy its water-based activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling, and sea cruises. Port Blair is the capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands which is the main gateway of its pristine islands.
So, if you are willing to travel to an isolated place where you can witness the beauty of nature with so many outdoor activities then the Andaman Islands can be an excellent budget-friendly choice with different tour packages available online.
|Andaman Tour Packages||Day/Night||Price|
|6 Days Package to Andaman Islands||6 Days/5 Nights||₹37,234|
|Port Blair & Havelock – Hotel & Flight Inclusive Andaman Package||5 Days/4 Nights||₹22,620|
|Port Blair, Havelock &Neil Island- Deal Special Package||6 Days/5 Nights||₹34,882|
|Port Blair, Havelock, and Neil Island in 5 nights Package||6 Days/5 Nights||₹38,051|
|Essential Andaman in 6 Nights Package||7 Days/6 Nights||₹40,170|
How Much Does the Andaman Trip Costs?
If you are planning to travel to Andaman, then trip costs may vary depending on the number of days you are planning to stay there and other expenses. So, if you are two persons then an Andaman trip could cost you around the range of 10,000 INR to 50,000 INR. The cost depends on the hotel you choose to stay, the places you visit, the number of days and the number of persons traveling. Experience Andamans Tour Packages are available for different price range and travellers can pick and chose which kind of package suit their budget. You can contact an expert who will help you to customise a package based on you budget as well.
These are some key factors that should be calculated while estimating an Andaman trip-
- Flight fare– There is a direct flight available to Andaman from Kolkata, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, and Bangalore. It will be around 5K -10K per person depending upon your point of departure. If you do advance booking, then it might cost you around 7K per person.
- Accommodation price- Hotel prizes may also vary depending on the place you wish to stay. But if we take an idea on average, it might cost you around 1.5 K to 2K although it is not a fixed amount you can find more best option at less price.
- Food price- Andaman is famous for its crispy delicious seafood and you may find food prices are a bit pricier than the mainland. Food prices are also varying a lot because if you do a very good restaurant for seafood then for two people it will cost you somewhere 3.5K to 4.5K per day whereas in a budget restaurant you can have a good meal under 1K only.
- Local conveyance- In Andaman for local, it is better to hire a Scotty rather than a taxi. If you do a city tour, then they will charge you somewhere 1200-1500 INR for 5 hours. But if you hire a Scotty then it would cost you around 500 INR with 100 Rs petrol per day should be enough.
- Water activities- In Andaman water activity would be around 600-800 INR per person and for scuba diving, if you are direct without an agent it cost you around 2500 per person. For scuba, prices vary a lot because it completely depends on the company you are diving with.
Which is the Best Month to Visit Andaman?
The Andaman Islands are located in the Bay of Bengal and blessed with a tropical climate where you can experience not only a rainy monsoon (primary) but also mild winter (dry) climate. But most of the year at Andaman you will experience neither chilling cold winters nor the exasperation of burning summer heat. The temperature at Andaman flutters between 23°C and 31°C with varying degrees of humidity and precipitation around the year.
If you are seeking a tour to Andaman then October to March can be a weather-wise perfect time when this island is endowed with calm and clear weather. However, the best time to visit Andaman may vary from individual to individual depending upon the purpose they are visiting for. From October to March weather remains favourable for adventurous activities, water sports, and many other outdoor activities. But during June to September Rainy season or off-season exists which comes with a hazard of plenty of heavy rainfall, strong winds with cyclones, and most of the flights get cancelled during this period.
Every year an Island Tourism Festivals is also celebrated by The Andaman Tourism Department in winter which is known as the best time for bird watching and adventurous activities like snorkelling, undersea walk, and parasailing. Despite weather conditions, many visitors also come to Andaman during June to get the advantage of off-season prices.
What are the Top Island to Visit Andaman?
The top island in the archipelago are the in the south Andaman Islands namely Port Blair, Havelock and Neil Island. Havelock island is the best island and is always there in everyone’s itinerary plan to Andaman Island. A travel guide to Havelock Island will help in understanding what can be visited in this island. With loads of things to do in Havelock Island, this island has become one of the most prominent destination in the islands. The beach resorts and the food are famous in Havelock. In 2018, Havelock Island was renamed to Swaraj Dweep. The main activities in Havelock Island are Scuba Diving, Sea Walking, Parasailing, Snorkeling and Fishing. We recommend you to stay for atleast 3 days in Havelock Island to get the best of the experience here.
What Currency is Used in Andaman?
However, Andaman Island is situated at a distance of 1400 Km from the mainland of India and 1000 Km. from Thailand, but it is a part of the Indian Union Territory so the currency which is used here is Indian Rupee (INR).
Is Andaman Safe for Tourists?
The Andaman Islands are known as one of the most faraway regions on the planet that’s why sometimes a common question arises in our mind that is it safe to travel to Andaman island? As Andaman is attaining recognition at an exponential rate and tourism influx is increasing day by day it can be said that Andaman is a fairly safe destination for people who are looking for hassle-free tourism.
At Andaman, you will find very friendly and cooperative dwellers and roads connectivity is safe & secure. Lifeguards and tourism police are appointed at beaches to make the destination quite safe. All tourist places are embedded with signboards to make this island straightforward to tourists. As this island mainly prospers on tourism so the government is also making efforts to strengthen more safety and security.
But in order to have safe experiences, it is always prudent to visit Andaman during the winter and summer months to avoid unnecessary natural quirks.
Here are some of the things which should be kept in mind while you are on the Andaman tour-
- As you may experience blazing summer heat during the day, so it is wise to carry suns-lotion, glasses, hats, and ointments to protect from sunlight.
- You should always carry your photo ID card while traveling to avoid unwanted legalities.
- Always use life jackets during any water activity.
- Always go scuba diving or snorkeling under an expert’s supervision.
In Andaman no communal violence or crimes have been seen with tourists and a tri-command of army is also always available on the island, best healthcare facilities available, cooperative localities and many more things make it a very safe place to visit for women, children, and solo travellers also.
Considering all the various aspects of travel to Andaman Islands, people coming on a tour package to Andaman will surely love the vibes here. We recommend a 5 days tour to the islands atleast to have a relaxed and a memorable vacation in the islands.